Face of the Day | Sonia Kashuk Radiant Tinted Moisturizer


The weather has been cooling down here in California as of late, and with that I've decided to treat my skin with some lighter products perfect for a fresh and natural look. Today's makeup line-up is appropriate for days where you want a clean appearance without looking too done-up, and took less than fifteen minutes!

I received this particular product in my Ipsy bag a while back; meaning there's no way I actually paid $29 for this (I have the trial size). This does a nice job of being a very basic primer as it minimizes pores just slightly and increases the longevity of your makeup base. With that, I've just been trying to use this up so I revert back to my beloved Rimmel London Fix + Perfect Primer, but this will do for now!

Sonia Kashuk Radiant Tinted Moisturizer 'Linen'- $13.69
My holy grail of tinted moisturizers! Sonia Kashuk's entire line truly is a hidden gem in the drugstore; while the prices are well above that of e.l.f. or Maybelline, I find that most of these products perform great and absolutely reinforce the price difference. Taking a tip from Asian BB Creams, I notice that simply patting a small amount of this around the face (as opposed to rubbing in) results in an even, dewy finish. 

Maybelline Fit Me Concealer 'Sand'- $5.49

When Gossmakeupartist recommends a 'high street' product, you try said product! Luckily, this concealer works great on my combination/oily, sensitive skin, doesn't crease (even under the eye), and matches my skin shade quite well. I just dot the applicator on any blemishes, redness, or dull areas and pat it in with either my SOHO Beauty Concealer Brush or finger. The creamy consistency lasts for a considerable amount of time without needing to apply very much product.


Sonia Kashuk Super Sheer Liquid Tint 'Poppy'- $9.79
If you enjoy a cheek colors that simply add a natural flush to your complexion, sheer liquid tints usually a safe way to achieve a no-hassle look. I apply the smallest amount of product possible, pat in with my fingers to the bottom apples of my cheeks, and get an instant dewy glow! When set with a powder, this can definitely last all day. *This product may have been discontinued or given a repackage- I'll keep you updated if I see it back on the shelves!


Rimmel Stay Matte Shine Control Pressed Powder 'Sandstorm'- $3.97
A cult beauty favorite, and for good reason! This powder tames any excess sebum production from your pores and can dramatically reduce the amount of shine on your face. For the price, this is a definite must-have for anyone struggling with combo/oily skin. I do wish this range would include more of a shade selection as most of the products currently cater to those who have pink undertones of fair complexions.


Maybelline Volum' Express Falsies Big Eyes Mascara Brownish Black'- $6.99
Here's a product that I just had to try after seeing my friend apply this to her lashes; in just a few coats, her lashes went from flared to doll-like! Now, my lashes are straight, short, and sparse- arguably the most undesirable traits of eyelashes ever. However, with a good curl, this mascara makes my lashes look full, yet natural in the Brownish Black shade. I love the idea of the bottom lash applicator as it doesn't clump or smudge; the only critique I have is that this comes with a considerably smaller amount of product per wand due to the 2-in-1 feature.


Sonia Kashuk Tinted Brow Gel- $5.99
Who knew the drugstore had quality tinted brow gels?! With only one shade available, I was quite hesitant to purchase this product. Luckily this gel changes color ever so slightly after application as it dries, and adjusted to my dark brown hair quite nicely. Sometimes I'll even top this with a clear brow gel for a little added control of my full brows.


Maybelline Baby Lips Dr. Rescue Balm 'Pink Me Up'- $4.29
Favorite lip product of the moment? Maybe...lline! (Get it? No? Okay.) Anyway, this new release can be picked up at Ulta in a range of 6 super sheer shades. This particular color gives a light rose-tint to the lips while providing moisture and menthol. You'll need to reapply this quite often, but for the price and quantity, it's definitely worth it.


Have you tried any of these products? Let us know what you think!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Connect

Follow on Bloglovin

the bloggers

alina | 24 | california
chelsee | 23 | california

Contact

For business inquiries please contact us at: