Review | NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Stromboli




Alina here! Today I'll be reviewing one of my favorite foundations at the moment. I’ve just recently discovered how awesome NARS products are and this one is no exception.

One of the most important things I look for in a foundation is how it interacts with my dry skin. I’m especially dry along the jawline, so it’s important that the foundation neither irritates nor accentuates my dry patches. I’ve been using the NARS Sheer Glow foundation in Stromboli for about three weeks now and so far so good. My dry spots haven’t flared up since I started using this but I think the foundation has enough coverage for me not to notice them anyway.
Next thing on my list of foundation requirements: color. I’m suuuuper picky about the foundation shade matching to my face so if it’s off by a little bit it will bother me to no end. For the winter season, Stromboli is a perfect match. The yellow undertones compliment my NC30-35 skin very well. I really can’t rave enough about the color match.


Here’s what it looks like with flash:




























Overall this foundation is a winner for me. It is a bit pricey for my student budget (retailing at $42 at my local Sephora) but a little goes a long way so I don’t think I’ll have to repurchase any time soon. The only fault I can find in this (and perhaps most NARS products) is the rubberized packaging. It catches dirt and fingerprints so easily! For someone who is obsessed with packaging, this is a bother. I like keeping all my stuff somewhat clean, so the fact that this type of packaging dirties easily is a bummer.

Regardless, this is a great foundation. If you’re looking for a high end foundation with great coverage and a nice selection of shades you should give the NARS sheer glow line a shot.

So friends, what’s your favorite foundation?

4 comments:

  1. NARS is probably my favourite brand - I adore this foundation. It looks lovely on you! x

    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for my MAC to run out so I can run out and get this! I've been curious for aaaages. What brush do you use to apply it?

    x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle!

      I actually just used my fingers for this photo haha. But some days when I want fuller coverage I use my Cargo Magic brush.

      Take care! :)

      Delete

 

Connect

Follow on Bloglovin

the bloggers

alina | 24 | california
chelsee | 23 | california

Contact

For business inquiries please contact us at: