Review | NARS Satin Lipstick in Afghan Red



Hello all, Alina here! Like I said in my last review, I’ve been super obsessed with NARS products lately. NARS Satin Lipstick in Afghan Red is no exception. 

I’ve been wearing this color everyday for the past two weeks. No excuses, I just love it so much. I can’t get over the muted shade of raspberry red! The NARS website describes this shade as a “rich garnet.” Here’s what it looks like on the back of my hand.


I always dab a bit of lip balm on before applying any lipstick so the satin finish doesn’t really dry my lips out at all. This is actually my first NARS lipstick so I can’t really compare it to any other shades in the brand. If any of you have recommendations for me (keep in mind my NC30-35 skintone), I’d love to hear ‘em! 

My usual “technique” is to rub a bit of product on my fingertip and smoosh it onto my lips. Umm, most of the time it looks pretty good. If I do it this way the application doesn’t go on as opaque and gives off a pretty natural looking flush. If I’m feeling like an adult I’ll pucker up and apply it directly from the tube. It’s more opaque this way (and also makes me feel glamorous :P). I like to pretend I’m sitting in front of a vintage vanity applying my makeup instead of sitting on the floor in my closet. 

For $26 this product is a little on the pricey side but with the amount I use I feel like this will last me for quite awhile. 

Recommend any other NARS lipsticks for me? :D


2 comments:

  1. You should definitely check out Funny Face by Nars---so beautiful!! It's a lovely bright pink with some blue undertones (which makes teeth look whiter, so it's a plus for me! haha). Also, I loveee your blog layout--perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ashley!

      Thank you so much! I just looked up Funny Face and uh oh, I think that might be my next purchase haha. Thanks again for dropping by! :D

      - Alina

      Delete

 

Connect

Follow on Bloglovin

the bloggers

alina | 24 | california
chelsee | 23 | california

Contact

For business inquiries please contact us at: