Review | BITE Beauty High Pigment Matte Pencil in Meritage


Hello friends! Alina here. Sooo I’ve been on a BITE beauty kick over the past few days. I’m in LOVE with their lipcolors because they’re so freaking moisturizing and for someone with incredibly dry skin like myself they’re a godsend. 

Today we have Meritage, a lovely deep pink shade that is surprisingly vibrant on my lips. For me these lip pencils are the perfect size. They’re small enough to allow for precision and control during application and big enough to fill in my lips quickly. I usually wear this in the daytime with a cat eye and a bit of blush. This gives me some semblance of a well night’s rest. :P 

For a matte pencil I didn’t find this drying at all. Compared to other “matte” formulas that I’ve tried over the years, I wouldn’t really call this finish “matte” at all. The application is smooth and perhaps even a bit glossy. Maybe the other shades fall into this category? The only other BITE pencil I’ve tried is Quince and it’s not very matte on me either. It's not a bad thing for me though! As long as a finish isn't drying then I'm all up for it.

One odd thing about the packaging was the color at the end of the pencil. You’d think it would match with the actual color of the product, but nope, it doesn’t. So make sure to play around with the testers to see if it’s the actual color you want. 

Here’s a swatch of it on my arm.


Annnnnd here’s my face.


Have you played around with BITE Beauty high pigment pencils? What do you think?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Connect

Follow on Bloglovin

the bloggers

alina | 24 | california
chelsee | 23 | california

Contact

For business inquiries please contact us at: