Review | Maybelline Limited Edition Baby Lips Pink'ed Collection

Left to Right: Blush Burst, Mad for Magenta, Pop of Pink, & Rose Rush

image
 Cute packaging, bright colors, and affordable prices- what more could I ask for? I spotted the new five-piece collection at my local Walgreens and fell in love instantly. With the exception of the absent 'Very Berry' shade, I picked up as many of these uber-moisturizing, pink-toned lip balms as I could.



I'll keep it short- the Baby Lips line as a whole simply glide on the lips without much fuss and are great for travel or tossing into your purse. While the color selection initially attracted me, I was quite disappointed with the pigmentation save for one shade in particular. 'Blush Burst' swatches as an almost completely clear color, and appeared very greasy on my lips- not a good look at all. While 'Mad for Magenta' (my favorite packaging color combination) smelt like yummy watermelon candy, it failed to show up on my lips at all. I did notice a faint shade of pink, but not enough for me to classify the shade as significantly noticeable.




'Pop of Pink' gave my lips a bright, blue-toned pink color, but looked almost exactly like 'Pink Punch' from the original Baby Lips line! I've included a comparison of the two; while 'Pop of Pink' appears just a touch brighter, again, the pigmentation difference is not enough to constitute the need for the re-launch of an entirely "new" color.

The only savior I found in this line was 'Rose Blush', a shade that find a perfect balance between rose and pink hues. It appears quite sheer on the lips, which I find to be perfect for someone who fears sporting a vibrant red-ish color.


Would I recommend this collection? The price is quite affordable, and if you're an avid collector of all things bright and cute then by all means, have at it! If this is your first step into the Baby Lips line, I'd say stick to the original or Dr. Rescue line, where the color selection is quite similar to those mentioned above. What do you think of the Maybelline Baby Lips, anything you'd like to try or recommend?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Connect

Follow on Bloglovin

the bloggers

alina | 24 | california
chelsee | 23 | california

Contact

For business inquiries please contact us at: