Beauty | March Favorites


imageWith my first installment of a monthly beauty/lifestyle favorites post, I thought it'd be a nice idea to include a few items that I plan on using more often with the upcoming spring weather. What's most exciting is that most of these products are relatively new and quite affordable.

When my local Walgreens had a 50% off sale on Rimmel London cosmetics, I figured it would be a great time to try some products recommended by a few youtube beauty bloggers (*ahem* Tanya Burr). I'm pleased to report that this lightweight foundation has yet to upset my skin, has a nice light-medium coverage, and has the added bonus of SPF 15.

Spending an entire day outdoors recently left my lips quite dehydrated (something that rarely happens). I opted for this particular lip balm after receiving it in an ipsy bag a few months ago and having been so happy with the results! This gel applies clear from the squeeze tube, sinks right into the lips, and leaves almost no residue after a few minutes. If you have dry lips and don't want a greasy treatment, give this sensitive skin--approved brand a try.

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circle Concealer Treatment 'Light' $8.99
Lacking sleep? Full-on zombie mode? School stress? This product right here is your new holy grail undereye concealer. The unique sponge-tip applicator applies the perfect amount of product in one quick sweep and can be blended out to reveal a bright, wide-awake look. I've been reaching for this daily and have yet to be disappointed.

Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner 'Black', $20.00
Sometimes the splurge ad hype are worth it. This cult beauty favorite has truly impressed me with its incredible pigmentation and staying power. My favorite part about this liner is the application- I can literally lay the felt tip flat along my lid to create a smooth, thin line quite quickly.Add in a quick flick near the outer corner and you're done!

Revlon Highlighting Palette 'Rose Glow', $9.59
Mimicking the style and purpose of the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks, Revlon has released a new line of highlighters at a much more affordable price. I find this particular shade to be pigmented enough to be used as a brightening cheek blush, and even eliminates the need for an additional highlighter. My chubby cheeks have never been happier.

Sonia Kashuk Bare Minimum Pressed Powder 'Translucent Light', $9.99
Could my beloved Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder be replaced? Possibly! Since Sonia Kashuk is currently redesigned much of their packaging, I picked this up on clearance at Target for a little under $3.00 (what a steal!). I've noticed that while this powder applies a minimal amount of coverage, my face has been oil-free for much longer when compared to my previous Stay Matte Powder. In all, great bargain, great product, would definitely repurchase.

Not Your Mother's Plump for Joy Thickening Hair Lifter, $5.99
This may quite possibly be one of my all-time favorite hair products (not that I have many). A hybrid between a gel and cream texture, this thickening spray is the ultimate pick-me-up for any hair day. If I use this on freshly washed hair, I notice that the amount of body added to my now shoulder-length hair is incredible and lightweight. With second day hair, my ends look clean, shiny, and very voluminous. I just spray 2-3 pumps into my hand, rub, scrunch from ends to roots, and bam! Instant volume.

I hope you all liked my first run at a monthly favorites post; let us know what products you've been loving!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Connect

Follow on Bloglovin

the bloggers

alina | 24 | california
chelsee | 23 | california

Contact

For business inquiries please contact us at: