Review | The Face Shop Lovely ME:EX You & Face Blusher in 02 Gold Glow



Hi everyone! So before we get into the review I just wanted to let you know that I forgot my nice camera at my boyfriend’s place* so the pictures in this review were taken with my camera phone. They aren’t the best quality but we’ll make do. :D

Anyway, I’ve found my new HG highlighter! I’m a highlighting junkie, so lemme tell you what makes this product so fantastic. I’ve been on the hunt for a new highlighter after my Mary Loumanizer highlighting powder from theBalm kicked the bucket (i.e. shattered into little bitty pieces). After using up all the crumbly bits, I wasn’t sure if I was willing to invest in another $24 highlighter.

The Face Shop’s Lovely ME:EX You & Face Blusher is definitely a worthy contender. For around $7-8 bucks online you get 4g of buttery smooth powder packed in a transparent plastic container. This product is so travel friendly it’s ridiculous. I make frequent trips between California and Nevada so popping this in my travel makeup bag last minute is no issue. The packaging is so sturdy that I don’t have to worry about it opening up in my luggage. It may be a little too sturdy because it’s a bit difficult to open at times. :P

On to the swatches!




I feel like this is the kind of product that looks best in person. The glow is subtle (even in real life) so it doesn’t translate well in photos.


What I love most about this highlighter is the golden undertone. Highlighters with pinky undertones look garish against my NC30-35 skintone (think Benefit’s High Beam). If you're looking for a highlighting powder, definitely consider The Face Shop's Lovely ME:EX You & Face Blusher in Gold Glow!


--
* I was in California this weekend for Anime California! It was great seeing old con friends and meeting new ones. Chelsee is in the process of moving to Boston for grad school so we couldn't meet up. :( Chelsee I miss you~ hope you had a good flight~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Connect

Follow on Bloglovin

the bloggers

alina | 24 | california
chelsee | 23 | california

Contact

For business inquiries please contact us at: