Review | It's skin Pure moisture eye balm



Hey everyone! Long time no post. Today I'll be reviewing the It's skin pure moisture eye balm. Let's see if I still remember how to do this.

It's skin is a Korean brand that has both cosmetics and skincare. I purchased this eye balm from my local Korean cosmetics shop. In terms of appearance, I looove the packaging. It's not very hygienic, but it is really simple and sleek, which I can appreciate. Since we're going into winter here in Vegas*, I've been wanting something travel sized to have on hand when my undereyes get dry and cracked. The first thing that struck me about this product as soon as I took off the cap was the scent. It's definitely strong, fresh, and sharp - but I happen to really adore it. 

Here are the ingredients in English on the side of the packaging.

Although this is moisturizing, I personally wouldn't use it as an eye cream as the directions suggest. It's just not moisturizing enough for that. 

There's one problematic ingredient that caught my eye - SD Alcohol 40-B. This stuff is also known as denatured alcohol. Some of the reports I've read gave mixed results on whether alcohol applied topically to the skin was good/bad/neutral enough to be used in the first place. Long story short, most of what I read said it was harmful when applied to the skin alone or when consumed. But when applied to the skin as an ingredient of a skincare product, it may actually be helpful. More on that in this article here.

I haven't had any negative skin reactions to this yet, so I'm going to keep using it. 

On a side note, what is up with the emphasis on Alaskan glacial water? Is it supposed to be like... really pure? Or at least give off the impression that it is? :P Next time I go up into the Arctic I might just have to bring a bottle back with me.

Thanks for reading!


--
* It's still like 80 to 90 degrees Fahrenheit during the day though. :P


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Connect

Follow on Bloglovin

the bloggers

alina | 24 | california
chelsee | 23 | california

Contact

For business inquiries please contact us at: