Review | See ya Anastasia contour kit, hellooo Besame Brightening Vanila Face Powder!



Womp womp yes I know it's been awhile, no excuses. I was so excited to review the new Besame Cosmetics Brightening Vanilla Face Powder that I couldn't wait until day time to take photos. If you're a NC35-ish babe like me and those brightening banana powders on the market are either too light or too dark for you, well look no further.

I reviewed Besame's cake mascara a few months ago and after rereading what I wrote it's obvious that I love this indie makeup brand to death. The Brightening Vanilla Face Powder is that perfect yellow tinted powder for setting your undereye concealer with. I personally found the yellow powder in the Anastasia contour kit too light for my skintone while the Ben Nye banana powder was too dark. I wanted to test out Kat Von D's contour palette but didn't want to buy it solely for the yellow powder. Thank goodness Besame came out with their own yellow powder that knocks all of these out of the park.


First thing I noticed was the beautiful packaging. Besame does not scrimp on their packaging and it's obvious that a lot of thought went into the design. Once you open the product, there's a layer of plastic that prevents the powder from spilling out through the sifter. The top layer of plastic also fits a powder puff that comes with the product. This makes it perfect for travel because that top layer of plastic seals up the sifters holes so none of the product escapes. For a $22 loose powder, I'm glad none of it will go to waste in my purse.

The shade of yellow is perfect for those of you in between fair and deep tan. As I mentioned earlier, I'm a NC35 in Mac and I find this powder to be the perfect tint of yellow to set my undereye concealer and give it that smooth, brightened look.

uhh I swear I'm wearing it here lol
Welp I guess the effects of the product don't translate well in photo, but I swear in real life I look bright, fresh, and awake ahaaha. I'm not wearing any foundation in this photo but I did put on the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Ginger on my under eyes to show you how this powder sets concealer. The finish of the powder is smooth, even, and can be layered to look more opaque. I'm sure that if today wasn't a lazy makeup day it would look 10000x better.

And ooooh mercy the scent is divine. I like vanilla scents in general so the fact that this product is scented doesn't bother me a bit. I looove how the light vanilla scent lingers on the skin.

Overall this is an amazing product. I'm not much of a contouring pro, so buying the whole Anastasia contour kit for one powder just wasn't gonna cut it. I'm glad this product came out when it did! You can find it online at Sephora.com or in stores (so I've been told). The Besame Cosmetics retailer is in Burbank, California so if you're ever nearby definitely visit. It's like walking through a museum with all the vintage makeup products on display.

Will I repurchase? If I ever run out, you bet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Connect

Follow on Bloglovin

the bloggers

alina | 24 | california
chelsee | 23 | california

Contact

For business inquiries please contact us at: