Squeaky Clean | New Makeup Removers



image Let's cut to the chase- the weather in Boston has completely dried out my once oily-combination skin. Since I'm still very much attached to my current Origins Frothy Face Wash cleanser, I decided to opt for an additional skin care routine step that would add some much needed moisture... or maybe I just got caught up in a spending spree, who knows.


The Face Shop Mango Seed Oil to Foam Cleanser, $20- I purchased this on a whim at Urban Outfitters because it was on sale for $1.99... that's literally the only reason why I bought it. Although this product tends to mysteriously leak, I find it to be a fairly gentle cleanser that works right into the skin. I use about about half a pump of the oil and apply it to the face, being extra careful around the eyes. Wet your hands with water and repeat the previous steps to reveal beautifully soft and makeup-free skin!

The Face Shop Mango Seed Lip and Eye Makeup Remover, $10- Eye makeup removers are quite common, but a lip makeup remover? After shaking the bottle to make sure both the oil and watery parts are mixed, I'll apply a few drops to a cotton pad and sweep away any eyeshadow, eyeliner, and mascara in one simple step. The best part about this product is that it doesn't leave an oily residue like most eye makeup removers do, and breaks down all of the makeup in one go.

Simple Micellar Water, $6.99- Being addicted to YouTube beauty gurus has its perks, like being introduced to skin care trends that may not be especially popular in your country. Micellar water has been pretty common on the 'high street' in the UK within the past couple of years, so spotting such a product at Target here in the states was a nice little surprise. With weekly blizzards and temperatures that advise against sitting still for too long, it's nice to be able to remove my makeup without turning on the freezing cold tap. Like the brand suggests, this is a great product for sensitive skin that has absolutely no fragrance, and is very affordable!

The Face Shop Rice Water Bright Cleansing Milk, $12- I picked up this particular item when I was back home in California over the winter break. I've never heard of a cleansing milk, so I was especially curious when I saw this inside of an actual Face Shop store in Monterrey Park. It has since worked wonders on my now-dry skin as it provides tons of moisture, with my face feeling noticeably softer. No cotton pad needed for this product, which is a plus.

The Face Shop Rice Water Bright Cleansing Light Oil, $18- My beautiful friend Alina brought back this gem from her recent trip to the Philippines (thank you~)! Ever since the fail that was the Garnier Frutis Cleansing Oil, I have been slightly weary of all-oil pre-cleansers. However, my faith has since been restored thanks to the true 'light' formulation of this oil. It's a perfect balance between a micellar water and a traditional facial oil, so it's a perfect option for everyone, even those with combination-oily skin.


Half of the fun is alternating these products into my routine throughout the week! What do you guys think of facial oils, micellar water, and/or lip makeup removers- worth the extra time? Let us know!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Connect

Follow on Bloglovin

the bloggers

alina | 24 | california
chelsee | 23 | california

Contact

For business inquiries please contact us at: