Mini Haul! | Benefit BeneBalm and LolliTint Review


Goodness, long time no post! Even though it’s summer time I’ve still been pretty busy with grad school, but now that I’m back in Vegas* and (somewhat) settled in again, let’s get on with the review!

There are four new Benefit tinted lip balms ($18 each) in Benefit’s line corresponding with the lip and cheek stains of the same colors. I have the shade BeneBalm which is the sister to the Benefit BeneTint stain

I like how hydrating these balms are. The application is smooth and leaves a nice little shine on the lips. I also like the rose scent (the exact same as the BeneTint) but I can see how some may not like the strong floral smell right under their noses. To be honest, these aren’t that revolutionary. I think they give the same amount of hydration and tint as your average tinted lip balm. And for $18, I probably won’t repurchase once I’ve finished up this tube. 

I usually use this on its own or layered over the BeneTint stain. BeneTint is a bit drying on me, so the balm brings back the lost moisture without changing the smell or color of the stain. 

Next up! 

When LolliTint first came out, I didn’t really take notice of it. I’m not sure why, I think I just didn’t feel like spending money on it at the time. I think I was also worried that the orchid color wouldn’t really suit my skintone. But a few days ago I had a customer come in and ask to try LolliTint on her lips. I realized then how much of a fool I was for not playing around with the color sooner! It looked sooo good on her fair skin and I was surprised to see that it looked pretty nice on me as well. Even with a deeper tan**, I feel like LolliTint really compliments my face.

Some swatches on my hand!

(L) BeneBalm (R) LolliTint
LolliTint is a bit creamier than BeneTint but still applies smoothly to the lips or cheeks. As you can see from the swatch, once dry it leaves a nice orchid stain on my deeper complexion. Those more lavender streaks in the middle part of the swatch was where I let it goop up so it hadn’t had much time to dry before I took the picture. I use LolliTint on both my lips and cheeks, but I think I prefer it on my lips a bit more because the color looks more natural on me.

What do you all think? Have you tried any of these products before?

----

*I was in the Alaskan Arctic from about May to late June working on another archaeological site. It was seriously cold, but now that I’m back in 100 degree weather again I really miss it up there. :(

**Whenever I’m in the field, I always return with a serious tan. Right now I’m about a NC42, which is the tannest I’ve been in awhile. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Connect

Follow on Bloglovin

the bloggers

alina | 24 | california
chelsee | 23 | california

Contact

For business inquiries please contact us at: