Review | LUSH 9 to 5 Cleansing Lotion


Hello friends, Alina here! Lush is a rare indulgence for me as the only Lush store in my area is a bit out of the way. However, when I do go, I do a loooot of damage. 

For those of you new to Lush cosmetics, they’re a cruelty-free and vegan friendly brand that promotes natural handmade products. All of the Lush stores that I’ve been to smell fantastic as well. :P

Most of my haul was just repurchasing perfumes that I had finished some time ago but this time my newest purchase included the 9 to 5 cleansing lotion. Here’s what the label says about this product:

Beautifully light orchid and almond oil lotion to cleanse and freshen the complexion. Simple, elegant, and easy to use.

I’m always a bit nervous about trying new face products because of my super sensitive skin. Thankfully the lovely sales associate allayed any fears I had by trying it out on my hand first. My hand was the perfect specimen because I had just gotten off work and had a ton of foundation, concealer, and lipstick swatches all over it.

Just like a regular lotion, she smoothed it all over my hand. Then she wiped it off with a cotton pad. That’s it! And to my surprise, all of the makeup on my hand was gone! Just like that! 

That night I went home and used the cleansing lotion to take off the makeup on my face. Welp that took a bit longer and I went through quite a few cotton pads. The lotion worked amazingly! But it was a bit time consuming considering I had a full face of makeup on. I was also worried about leaving any residue on my face so I washed it off with some water. After that I just went through my usual moisturizing routine. 

From what the sales associate told me, the cleansing lotion is best for when you’re too tired to wash your face. If you’re not looking for a deep cleanse and just want to get to bed or you just don’t feel like going through your routine, the cleansing lotion is supposed to be the best solution for that. Perhaps because this was my first time using it, it took me a bit longer to take everything off my face. Maybe instead of using cotton pads I could use a wash cloth or tissues next time. That might be faster. 

Overall I really like this product. The smell is just heavenly and lingers on your face for a bit. I don’t find it offensive at all, and I’m someone who is easily bothered by strong scents. 

More info

Thanks Madu!


What are some of your favorite Lush products? :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Connect

Follow on Bloglovin

the bloggers

alina | 24 | california
chelsee | 23 | california

Contact

For business inquiries please contact us at: